now refunds to PP balance take 7 days? Why is that??

nooque
Contributor
Contributor

I paid for a purchase using the PP balance and the money was refunded today as the seller had found out faults with the item. BUT - here comes another "pleasant" surprise from PP - the refund will take ..... 7 DAYS. I cannot understand what this is all about - it is simply writing electronic digits on my balance. Anyone any advice on how to speed this up? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Cristina

Hi @nooque,

Thank you for your post!

In general, when a refund has been issued, the money will go back to the original funding source. If your payment came from your card, it will be refunded to that card. Depending on your card issuer, it may take up to 30 days to complete a refund. If your payment came from your bank account, it will be refunded to that bank account. If your payment came from your PayPal balance, it will be refunded to your PayPal balance.

It may be possible that the refund has been issued as an eCheque. An eCheque is an electronic money transfer that moves money directly from the bank account, through the PayPal account, into another user's PayPal account. It's just like writing a cheque, only it’s done electronically. It may take 5-7 working days to be completed. 

I hope this helps to clarify.

Cristina

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.