(name of company removed) bad practice, fraudulant, chinese seller, impossible to get a refund

beatle1974
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone else attempted to raise a claim against (company name removed)

I Googled- There are thousands of people online that have had issues with refunds/returns like me ,but when i attempted to open a dispute in the resolution centre here it was found to be not in my favour. I am furious. 

They ask you to fill out fraudulent information on the customs label when you make a return- claiming that the goods are worth $15, regardless of the actual cost. Against my better judgment i did this and now it seems my parcel is stuck in Chinese customs (my post office tracker can only tell me that it has arrived in Beijing, and nothing more. There is no full tracking service within China) where it has been for 3 months. 

Because the tracker can't prove the package has arrived with the seller, paypal will not issue a claim in my favour. 

I am unable to resolve this with the seller, i have sent about 30 messages. 

What the hell am i supposed to do now? 

I would really like it if Paypal stood up for its customers and stripped them of their trading rights, but they just keep on letting them rip their customers off. 

Company name removed by moderator to comply with Community Guidelines. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Brandon-P
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@beatle1974 wrote:

Has anyone else attempted to raise a claim against (company name removed)

I Googled- There are thousands of people online that have had issues with refunds/returns like me ,but when i attempted to open a dispute in the resolution centre here it was found to be not in my favour. I am furious. 

They ask you to fill out fraudulent information on the customs label when you make a return- claiming that the goods are worth $15, regardless of the actual cost. Against my better judgment i did this and now it seems my parcel is stuck in Chinese customs (my post office tracker can only tell me that it has arrived in Beijing, and nothing more. There is no full tracking service within China) where it has been for 3 months. 

Because the tracker can't prove the package has arrived with the seller, paypal will not issue a claim in my favour. 

I am unable to resolve this with the seller, i have sent about 30 messages. 

What the hell am i supposed to do now? 

I would really like it if Paypal stood up for its customers and stripped them of their trading rights, but they just keep on letting them rip their customers off. 

Hi @beatle1974,

I must set your expectation that due to the circumstances, PayPal will not reimburse you once a claim has been closed. If 10 days has passed, there is no entitlement to appeal PayPal's decision either.

There could be alternative options.

If the purchase was paid with a credit card, I would normally recommend a Section 75. Unfortunately this only applies where there is a ‘direct relationship’ between a debt and the product. Typical examples include credit card purchases, specific car finance, store cards and credit from stores for products. But with PayPal, in simple terms, you’re paying PayPal and it's paying the retailer. Therefore, even if you’re just putting your credit card details into PayPal to pay, it counts as an agency, the path is broken, therefore you don’t have Section 75 protection.

However, this doesn't waive your entitlement to file a chargeback claim. If you provide your bank or credit card company with the relevant details, inc. how the merchant conducted the delivery process, it could outcome in your favor. I will set your expectation that there is no guarantee of the case being decided in your favor.

In the meantime, I can assure you, if this merchant is receiving frequent disputes, especially of a similar nature, PayPal's Brand Risk Management department may review their account for potential indefinite limitation. This depends on the level of risk associated with their business and the merchant's conduct with sales.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.