my money apparently was refunded to an account that does not exist.

bvtillman
New Community Member
february 5, 2021: refund request received for $342.11 from ticketmaster, supposedly refunded to alabama one account. was told to wait until march 5, 2021 and the money would show up on my paypal account since the bank did not receive it. it did not happen. was then told i needed a paypal plus/cash account to hold a balance. created one, money never showed up. i have physical proof that the bank did not receive the money. the bank automatically declines refunds it cannot hold. it could not hold that refund due to the account not existing anymore as of july 2020. i will not take the excuse that the bank received the money because they did not, there is physical proof of that. so if the bank did not receive the money and there is proof of it and paypal is saying the money was refunded to the bank, then where is my money?? as of now the status of the money says “refunded on february 5, 2021” i have not received any of my money and i do not even know where it is right now. i don’t know what to do and am beyond frustrated.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Ayesha

Hi @bvtillman,

Thank you for the post and welcome to the PayPal Community Forum!

I understand that you are worried about not receiving the refund. How your refund is credited, and the time taken will depend on the original payment method you used. Here's the link to know more information about the refund. The best way to investigate more on this is by contacting our customer support by clicking contact at the bottom of the PayPal website to see the contact options.

I hope this helps.

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.