missing refund/funds disappeared

digigecko91
Contributor
Contributor

I attempted to make a purchase from an online retailer using PayPal, and the funds were removed from my bank account. The next day, I was contacted by the retailer and informed that my order was cancelled because my PayPal account was not fully verified (it has since been fully verified). I asked if they would be refunding the money, and they said that they never received the payment in the first place. There is also no balance on my PayPal account, so I assume PayPal will be depositing the money back to my bank account. But when??? It's only been about 2 business days, but it was a large purchase (around $150.00), and I want to know where the money is and when I can expect it back in my account. No one from PayPal has reached out to me about the transaction, but from speaking with the retailer, I know they never got the money. I will be pretty mad if $150.00 just disappeared! Thanks in advance to anyone who is able to help with this.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@digigecko91 

The order was canceled before the payment has cleared your bank so once it clears is should go back to your PayPal account and then back to your bank. 2 days still not enough time for funds to clear. Bank payments are slow moving. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@digigecko91 

The order was canceled before the payment has cleared your bank so once it clears is should go back to your PayPal account and then back to your bank. 2 days still not enough time for funds to clear. Bank payments are slow moving. 

Login to Me Too

digigecko91
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, but do you have an approximate time frame for how long it should take the funds to return to my bank account? Since it was a larger transaction (for me), I'm a little anxious. I did not realize there was going to be a problem when I ordered.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@digigecko91 

Give it a 3-4 more days.

Should you need to contact customer Service:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

Login to Me Too

digigecko91
Contributor
Contributor

It's now been one week/5 business days, and still no sign of the funds returning to my bank account. I'll be phoning PayPal and if that doesn't resolve the problem I'll be posting here again.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.