method of paypal payment on ebay changed

motherofjustin
Contributor
Contributor

I bought an item on eBay earlier today.  when I paid instead of the page that is linked to PayPal and  comes up asking to chose how you are paying, then you choose the  bank account, debit card or credit card that you want to use and then hit confirm payment and you are done was no longer there.  , the page just had a button to click on for  PAY PAL    then the page redirected me to my PAY PAL account using the ONE TOUCH Log in (meaning I didn't have to put in my ID or password.)     I then had to chose my method of payment and then I was  redirected again this time back to my eBay account and then I confirmed payment.

Why has this changed,  eBay has been linked to PayPal automatically, no redirecting needed.   The above payment method takes longer.   The Receipt I received from PayPal said the seller was e bay, instead of the eBay seller I purchased from and it doesn't' say what I bought or have any of the pertinent info that is usually on the invoice/receipt - just the amount of Purchase.   NOT HAPPY ABOUT THAT.

This is  what normally happens when a person is purchasing an item from an online store.    you choose to pay with a credit card or you have to pick PayPal and are  then redirected to the PayPal account and then back to the store to finish payment.      

Why has the auto link from eBay to pay Pal been removed???

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

motherofjustin
Contributor
Contributor

Olivia,   Thanks for getting back to me.   I finally figured it out.    The reason I had to log into PayPal instead of the checkout procedure automatically linking me to my Pal Pal account is because the seller also takes Apple Pay, Google Pay, etc.    So I had to choose my method of payment which was  Pay Pal, and then log into my Pay Pal account.

I had never before had any of the E bay sellers that I have purchased from  take any other form payment except Pay Pal (at least not since ebay linked themselves to paypal and sellers quit taking personal checks or money orders)   So I did not understand what had happened.

Still wish the seller's nameand/or seller's ID instead of "Ebay"   along with what it was I purchased  instead of just the total  amount paid appeared on my  Pay Pal Summary that I printed out, but did print out my paid order thru ebay.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @motherofjustin,

I'm sorry to hear that the checkout did not work the way that you anticipated. Is this happening on all transactions, or was it just the one transaction?

I'm not sure why the seller would be listed as eBay rather than an individual seller. Was the purchase for a gift card, or for an item? 

To examine the details of the transaction with a representative to get to the bottom of things, you may wish to reach out to customer service. 

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
Solved

motherofjustin
Contributor
Contributor

Olivia,   Thanks for getting back to me.   I finally figured it out.    The reason I had to log into PayPal instead of the checkout procedure automatically linking me to my Pal Pal account is because the seller also takes Apple Pay, Google Pay, etc.    So I had to choose my method of payment which was  Pay Pal, and then log into my Pay Pal account.

I had never before had any of the E bay sellers that I have purchased from  take any other form payment except Pay Pal (at least not since ebay linked themselves to paypal and sellers quit taking personal checks or money orders)   So I did not understand what had happened.

Still wish the seller's nameand/or seller's ID instead of "Ebay"   along with what it was I purchased  instead of just the total  amount paid appeared on my  Pay Pal Summary that I printed out, but did print out my paid order thru ebay.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @motherofjustin,

Thank you for letting us know about the answer you found! This will be very helpful for others as well as myself.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.