message 'needs attention'

papertigger
Contributor
Contributor

There is a message 'needs attention' on one of my selling transactions but I don't know why - the goods in question have been sent out, one day earlier than necessary.  How can I find out what this message means and why it is attached to the transaction

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

gently_owned
Contributor
Contributor

I found the solution on another thread and it worked:

To get rid of the "Needs Attention" nonsense, go to the "Add Tracking Information" or "Edit Tracking Number" link.  When you get there, click on the box that says, "Tracking information not required"  Once you click that box, the "Needs Attention" will disappear.

Login to Me Too

happythecat
New Community Member

Thank you! It worked.

Login to Me Too

nort
New Community Member

Yes it worked, but I wish we didn't have to do it item by item

Login to Me Too

khn
Contributor
Contributor
Ever since PayPal left evay, they have been trying to get "cute" with all these added Bots, allowing Facebook pairing etc... They need time stay out of the way, and let people make transactions
Login to Me Too

Temp20220130h
New Community Member

@gently_owned wrote:

I found the solution on another thread and it worked:

To get rid of the "Needs Attention" nonsense, go to the "Add Tracking Information" or "Edit Tracking Number" link.  When you get there, click on the box that says, "Tracking information not required"  Once you click that box, the "Needs Attention" will disappear.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks .... the setting of the "No tracking number" (on an eBay buyers payment notice) ... WORKS. 

I called PayPal TWICE and their reps HAD NO IDEA how to deal with this, except to say that the eBay transaction I received payment from was fine, and to go ahead and ship the item.  I have been on PayPal for over !% YEARS, and never once seen this BS "Needs Attention" notice on any of my over 500 eBay transactions!

The fact that PayPal has not trained it's customer service reps on this simple fix/setting, and their being unable to explain to PayPal account holders over the phone how to do this simple "attention notice" fix (as when I called twice and spoke to Two different reps who didn't know squat about the fix/setting) .... Says volumes about the company and it's lack of proper employee training!

Login to Me Too

tuckerdognc
Contributor
Contributor

No, the "fact" is more cutsy hidden stuff that we are all supposed to "just know." I had spent 20 minutes until I finally "googled" the question and this thread came up. Like so many other things that are "just simply" done on websites. 

Login to Me Too

Anusia811
Contributor
Contributor
I did this and message disappeared but funds are not available to me still. Have you had this problem?
Login to Me Too

tuckerdognc
Contributor
Contributor

Amazing this is hidden somewhere and you're just supposed to know how to do this. Like so many other "just simply" tech things that techies who create these pages and apps "just figure" you'll know. 

Login to Me Too

Melstar_77
New Community Member
I'm actually the buyer who received a faulty and incorrect product ordered but have not had any success in resolving the issue with the seller (despite raising a ticket through their support email address and sending multiple follow up emails only to be told a variety of ways essentially 'we have passed this on the the Team now wait,' and 4 weeks later still to no avail). I just raised a dispute via PayPal Dispute Resolution and now on my account it says 'needs attention' and then 'disputes to review' below that. When clicking on 'needs attention' I then get advised 'we do not have any transactions matching your filters'...?! I have no idea what this is referring to as there is a transaction clearly showing the particular purchase, purchase amount and seller??
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.