message This recipient only accepts payments only through their website.

katybee3
Contributor
Contributor

Friends sending me money here in the UK get this message. It seems to have started when I changed to a paypal/me account. I contacted customer service who had no answers except to say that I had an active money pool and to delete it. I didn't think so but they were insistent that was the problem. Well I checked and I don't. All the answers on the internet are to do with resetting seller tools but I can't find any of those settings on my current paypal account. Unless someone can come up with the answer all I can think to do is to try deleting my account and setting up a new one. Any ideas?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_JonK

Hello @katybee3,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear your senders are receiving that error when trying to send you money. Normally that error means that sender is not able to send funds as Friends & Family. PayPal functionality varies from country to country. I would recommend having your friends try the transaction as Goods & Services, that should do the trick. Be advised, sending funds as Goods & Services will be accompanied by a fee.

Have a great day!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

katybee3
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Thanks for the reply but I don't think it matters sense that every person who tries to send to me can't send friend and family. We are all in the UK and I had this function working fine until I changed to pay Pal me. Customer services said I had an active pool which was the problem and to delete it, but I don't and have never had one. There are no sellers settings in the PayPal me accounts. And I don't want to ask my friends and family to send as good and services. Is my only option really you start again?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @katybee3,

I can imagine how frustrating this is! If your buyers and you are all in the UK, it shouldn't be a country restriction. If there also isn't currently a limitation requiring your action in the Resolution Center, this would require some investigation by a representative in order to get to the bottom of what's happening. If they're unable to find a reason for the issue, they can also look into whether or not it might be a technical issue and take steps to let our technicians know about it.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this can be resolved quickly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.