issue with old debit card linked

adidh
Contributor
Contributor

hello Paypal Team, Last month i bought a camera from ebay seller from japan, i paid it with my old debit MasterCard  linked to my paypal account. a few weeks after that i unlinked my old MasterCard because i lost it and order a new MasterCard and linked to my paypal now. a month after that, I found a problem with the camera and the seller agreed to do a return and refund, after I returned the camera, the seller send the refund money to my paypal account and it says will be refunded to my old MasterCard which is i dont use it now, the card is gone. how can I get the funds back to may account or back to my new MasterCard Thank you

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@adidh

If both old and new debit cards belong to the same bank or card account then the refund should still go through ok.

But the seller has no choice as if they issue a refund it returns to the card used to pay in the first place.

If the card is not linked to the same account then you would need to contact your old card issuer to recover the refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@adidh

If both old and new debit cards belong to the same bank or card account then the refund should still go through ok.

But the seller has no choice as if they issue a refund it returns to the card used to pay in the first place.

If the card is not linked to the same account then you would need to contact your old card issuer to recover the refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

adidh
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass
Yes my new debit Mastercard is linked to the same bank account as my old debit Mastercard, 
the problem is I still can't see any funds come to my bank account till now.
it makes me confused little bit cause I am going to use the money to pay my study loans 

Anyway Thank you so much for your respond

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@adidh

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller with a debit card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your bank account but takes up to a week to process through to the bank and a bit longer for a c.c (Paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine, the last one taking 4 days).

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

adidh
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

Hi again, Yesterday before I posted here, I was sending an email to Paypal customer service to explain all the situation,

then I just got reply this afternoon and they told me I should get in touch with the card issuer (which is my bank) to know how to access the refund money.

do you think I should go to my bank?,  even my new debit card is linked to the same bank account as my old one, or should I just wait until a week or more.

Thank you

Login to Me Too

adidh
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

Hi again, you have any thoughts on my last reply ?

thank you

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@adidh

I posted that a lot over the last 10 years and if old and new cards were linked to the same bank / card account then there has not been a problem.

You can of course contact your bank for advice and the should tell you the same thing.

I can't guarantee anything, all I can do is give you my best advice and then you can go from there.

Sorry late reply but had to go to work !!

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Ajueshi-efe
New Community Member
Hello, greetings from ajueshi Pls I'm finding it difficult to activate my Debit master card due to the fact that I have not received the confirmation code or is Debit master card not accepted while linking card in PayPal?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.