is this from paypal bill or is it a scam

kredn
Contributor
Contributor

Hello <removed>,

You received a payment of €420.00 EUR from <removed>0001

This PayPal Payment has been deducted from the buyer's account but can not be credited into your account until the Shipment Information is received from you E.G Tracking Number or a copy of the Shipment Receipt.

You can now go and ship out the buyer's merchandise and send the shipment information to us at <removed>

Seller
denisujec794
Note to seller
Payment Done, Please ship Item.
Shipping address - confirmed
Name: <removed>
Address: <removed>
City: Napoli.
State: Napoli
Zipcode: 80142
Shipping details
The seller hasn’t provided any shipping details yet.

Description Unit price Qty Amount
hp elitebook 8570p €420.00 EUR 1 €420.00 EUR

Shipping and handling €0.00 EUR
Insurance - not offered ----
Total €420.00 EUR
Payment €420.00 EUR

Payment sent to denisujec794

Issues with this transaction?
You have 180 days from the date of the transaction to open a dispute in the Resolution Center.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kredn

SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk or spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kredn

SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk or spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Bonas
Contributor
Contributor
Hi.
I had same situation today.
See the message received, same delivery address. 
Hopefully I fund this topic in the Paypal Community !

NOTICE OF PAYMENT RECEIVED - PLEASE SHIP ITEM

Dear (my complete name)
You've received a payment, detailed below. We've placed a temporary hold on the funds for this transaction.
PayPal and eBay and all other auctions and classifieds are working together to make payments for eBay auctions, classifieds items even safer. Because we want both buyers and sellers to feel confident about sending and receiving payments through PayPal, we may temporarily hold payments for items sold on eBay and other classifieds and auctions website.
Make sure you ship the item right away, so you'll have access to the funds sooner. We'll release the hold in 24-48 Hours as soon as you make the shipment of article. We may release the hold earlier if either of the following occurs:
  • The buyer leaves you positive feedback on paypal and auctions sites.
  • We confirm that the item was ship.* We can confirm delivery if you ship the item with Ems SpeedPost, or Priority Mail or Register Mail and either use PayPal shipping labels or upload tracking information from your email and send it to us. This applies to transactions throughout the world.
Additional hold period
We will notify you by email when the funds are released. You can monitor the status of the hold in this Transaction Notification.
We want you to go ahead and make the shipment of the item right away and send us the shipment tracking number including the scan receipt of the shipment.
* This applies to worldwide domestic transactions that are shipped by Ems SpeedPost, Priority Mail Or Register Mail and provide tracking Number information including the waybill scan copy to PayPal.

Payment Details
Amount (pending)/Hidden: €450.00EUR
Transaction ID: 2GT31901K0007222H
Buyer's Email: <removed>

Shipping Details
Name:
Address:
City:
State:
Zipcode:

Sincerely,
PayPal
Please do reply to this email. This mailbox is monitored and you will  receive a response within 24 hours. For assistance, to your PayPal account and click the Help link in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

To receive email notifications in plain text instead of HTML.

PayPal Email ID PP1344
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.