is it me or is Paypal no longer worth having #too many hidden PayPal charges!

MrTosh
Contributor
Contributor

3.5% + 20p & now....................cross border charges!!! 

spoke to papal; tonight & was politely put on an infinite hold.....says it all!!!

anyone use another more honest payment method?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MrTosh

There has always been cross border and currency conversion fees for as long as I have been selling about 15 years.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MrTosh
Contributor
Contributor

even when you only sell to the UK?

the invoice is atrocious - no explanation of any charges and for the advisor to hang up rather than give me a breakdown of the charges is unacceptable!

they could be charging for anything?

please tell me how a uk citizen selling only in the UK can prevent cross border payments please....

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MrTosh

ok then the only time i have paid a cross border fee for a UK transaction was when the buyer was on holiday abroad and paid me before returning back to the UK.

Your best bet is to double check with customer services, and post back if you get an answer?

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
Freephone from a UK landline or UK mobile number.

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MrTosh
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for the reply - I had contacted via the phone, and simply asked for a breakdown of charges which is when I was cut off, didn't find that acceptable or trustworthy given my question hence my ask for alternative payment methods.

thank you again for taking the time to reply.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.