is a bank nsf seperate from paypal transaction

KR9
Contributor
Contributor

So if I get charged an nsf fee on my bank 48.00 and my balance was -50 some dollars but I paid that off. Now let's say paypal is still pending my add money transfer. Is that related to the nsf fee... or is that the bank itself.

Also #2, are bank and paypal two separate things when it comes to nsf fees and returns and so forth. So in my case I have a nsf charge on my bank but paypal is still processing the transaction and it hasn't gone through. But... I have paid off the funds in bank account, so will the add money be a credit to my paypal?

The nsf fee is for the same amount btw. 502.67 and 502.67.

Thanks!!! 🙂 

KR9

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KR9 

https://www.paypal.com/ca/smarthelp/article/what-happens-when-an-authorized-payment-is-returned-for-...

If your bank account doesn't have enough to cover your Add Funds request, then the bank charges you NSF. PayPal may attempt up to 2 times to try to get the funds and if you haven't added funds to the bank account in the meantime to cover the PayPal's attempts, your bank could charge additional NSFs.

Once PayPal is able to collect the full amount of money you want transferred to your PayPal account, the money you added will be in your PayPal balance.

PayPal does not charge you NSF.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.