irs stimulus acct number is off by 1 number of my pay pal!! will that mess up the transaction?

Bonesinkcmo
New Community Member
so i have only used PP to send/receive money... i updated on IRS site a couple weeks ago, to my PP routing/acct info to go into there, bc its taken so long i thought old info might be holding it up - then today i finally see on IRS site my payment is due deposited the end of next week... heres where my heart dropped!! irs site says its going into acct (changing for obvious reasons) "9090" - but my pp acct last 5 digits are "90905" - so its like the last digit on my PP number got left off. i triple checked before i clicked save when i entered it!!!!!! but now ive tried the pp toll free # & its closed to covid - the email feature let me type one, but wont send bc of covid - so here i am!!! im praying this wont affect my deposit being made, when all the other info matches me.. is that something PP will see & know or if it IS 1 number off, its a no go?? and how do i contact PP & fix this BEFORE my scheduled deposit next week? thanks for any help or guidance!! ❤️
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bonesinkcmo 

Worst case scenario, if the payment is rejected by PayPal, the IRS will mail you a check instead. Don't know the ETA on that though. Try calling IRS customer service to try and have it corrected: https://www.irs.gov/help/telephone-assistance

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bonesinkcmo 

Worst case scenario, if the payment is rejected by PayPal, the IRS will mail you a check instead. Don't know the ETA on that though. Try calling IRS customer service to try and have it corrected: https://www.irs.gov/help/telephone-assistance

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.