(invalid client_id or redirect_uri) Paypal not working on Ebay

Blacksheepbuddy
Contributor
Contributor

I've been trying to buy some things off of Ebay over the last two days and keep getting the message:
"Looks like this action is not supported. Please return and report this error so that we can support it in the future. (invalid client_id or redirect_uri)"

It seems other people in the community have been having the same issue with no solution yet, 
anyone got any ideas?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

jasper00ni
Contributor
Contributor

Same error here for last 3hrs (I'm in UK) get same message in white box with exclamation mark....very VERY frustrating there are things I need to pay for

This action isn't supported. Please return and report this error so that we can support it in the future. (invalid client_ID or redirect_uri)

Login to Me Too

jasper00ni
Contributor
Contributor

Been on paypal's facebook page and "chatted" with an agent...just generic responses about cache & cookes etc no help whatsoever after 1.5hrs on FB sigh

Login to Me Too

jasper00ni
Contributor
Contributor

Ok after many wasted hours it seems its an Opera Chrome Firefox issue...just tried with a browser I've never used on my pc Microsoft edge and it worked fine. Very strange

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Listen I have had the same problem if you are using google chrome go to where the lock is, where it says Paypal.Inc (US) where you type in the address

click on it and go to where it says cookies click REMOVE and remove all the cookies and then try to go to the PayPal site again it should work now cause that's what I did and it's working great now. please lemeno if it works for you

Ciao

Frank

Login to Me Too

jasper00ni
Contributor
Contributor

When you get to ebay checkout and click switch payment method or switch account you get a pop up box...unfortunately there's no option to delete cookies. You can see them if yo click on the lock but can't delete them in the pop up box. Its still giving same error message

Login to Me Too

Daveee
New Community Member

Hi - I have this problem on Firefox but not on Chrome. Went into options, Security, Manage data and deleted anything that mentioned Pay or Paypal.  Killed the browser and restarted. I still get the error so it is not cookies - something to do with the mozilla browsing engine. Running 69.0.3 64bit.  Have to ask them.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.