i really don t know

andreizhao
New Community Member

i ve made a purchase with paypal but it happened so fast and it felt like i didn t press any buttons. i wanted to see if i can put paysafe pins into my paypal so that i can buy office 2016 from g2a and when i clicked paypal it kinda just made the deal. thing is i have 0 money on paypal online and there was only a debit credit card incorporated into my paypal which i forgot about and i m pretty sure it had no money in it because it was one made specifically for school allowance money given from the state. I have reedemed my office key from g2a and it worked but after some reading it turns out the whole site is a scam. I have deleted my account from them. After one hour after my purchase was confirmated i have received another email saying that my transaction couldn t be completed but i have already used the key. Now my questions are: my visa card must have had some money in it right? otherwise the transaction wouldn t have worked in the first place, right? i know i am not able to borrow money on that debit card and i see that the payment was an automatic one. so what must i expect now? Maybe this sounds stupid but i have no experience with buying stuff online so if anybody takes time to read this thank you very much, sincerely.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@andreizhao 

Is your PayPal account balance in the negative? 

The transaction perhaps didn't go through but a temporary pending authorization might have, with funds held on the debit card or your PayPal balance, whichever payment method was used, awaiting for g2a to capture.

Click on the transaction in your PayPal account for more details. Paysafe voucher with PINs won't work at PayPal. Now if the Paysafe card is backed by Visa or MasterCard, for instance, you can link and confirm it to your PayPal account to use it.

Seems like the only place to use Paysafe cards are licensed online gambling or for sports betting. I don't see any significant info when clicking the "Pay at thousands of online shops by entering the 16-digit paysafecard PIN" link. If there is a voucher/gift card field during checkout, enter it there and see what happens, if anything.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.