i do not want automatic payments on fundraisers

Mathewrosett
Contributor
Contributor

I donated to a fundraiser today. It automatically charged my paypal account without a login to Paypal. -1- i am clueless as to why this would be a default.  -2- I have two accounts, fortunately it charged the right one. 

I have automatic payments I have i set up in advance  for regular bills.  those are fine.  how do is stop this from happening again. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Mathewrosett,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

Please review your active Billing Agreements to see if there is an automatic payment set up with this charity. 

To search for and review your Billing Agreements:

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click the Settings icon next to "Log Out".
  3. Click Payments, then Manage Pre-approved Payments.
  4. Select the status you 'd like to view.
  5. Click Search.

If there is no Billing Agreement associated with the charity, is it possible you have activated one touch on your device? Your account will remain logged in and you will not be asked for your password when completing a payment. 

You can turn off the Stay Logged in feature via the PayPal app and directly from your PayPal account on the website.

Here's how to turn it off via the PayPal app:

1. Log in to your PayPal account via the app.
  2. Tap Settings.
  3. Tap Log in and Security.
  4. Turn off 'Stay Logged in for faster purchases'.

Here's how to turn it off via the PayPal website:

1. Click the Settings icon next to "Log Out".
  2. Click Security near the top of the page.
  3. Beside 'Stay logged in for faster purchases', click Update.
  4. Click Log Out Everywhere.

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Mathewrosett
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for the reply

I do not auto log in from the app on my phone or from the website. I do not use one touch. it only happened on this one transaction. even though i have a receipt from the Company, and i see it charged to my credit card I do not see the charge anywhere on Papal.

This is really weird.  I never have encountered this with Paypal before

Matthew

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.