i am trying to pay etsy but i keep getting this "Oh dear. PayPal couldn't process your payment"

Deevee01
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, i am trying to pay etsy but i keep getting this notification "Oh dear. PayPal couldn't process your payment" kindly give me further information to work on this as soon as possible thank you.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Deevee01

How soon you get a response is dependent on when someone is happy to give up their time to answer your post !!!

How are you funding your payment to Etsy and what other funding sources do you have linked to that Paypal account?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Deevee01
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass Hey, thank you so much for taking the time to respond to my request, at the moment I have a card linked to the account. no other funding sources have been activated at the moment. I have a small idea on why it is being rejected, I'm not sure if you can confirm it but I think it is because of the shipping and billing address. Etsy doesn't accept both to be different so could it be possible that its not going through due to the difference in the address?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Deevee01

Yes any card you add must be confirmed with the 4 digit code AND the billing address must match your Paypal account address.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MarLo_Photo
New Community Member

I too am having this problem.  I don't see an answer.  Perhaps I can get one by providing my information.  I have two payment methods for my PayPal account.  One is my bank account, which has a balance at least ten (10) time the amount of the item I am trying to purchase.  I have a credit card as the back up method that has a limit at least (20) times the amount of the item I am trying to purchase.  I can purchase and pay for items via PayPal on Ebay or vendors such as B & H and MPB Camera.  I cannot complete a purchase through Etsy as I keep getting the "Oh dear" message.  Any help that can be provided would be greatly appreciated.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.