how to cancel an order?

yimolkiin
Contributor
Contributor

hi! i had purchased something from a seller but realized i didn't have enough money, so i cancelled the order on that site. i'm just worried because i recieved an email from paypal saying i would be charged when the seller charged me- when i eventually buy that thing again, will i be charged twice? is there a way to cancel that eventual charge from paypal?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@yimolkiin 

No. As long as the first transaction is pending and doesn’t go into “Completed” status, it will eventually expire on it’s own and drop off as if it didn’t happen. This could take up to 30 days to occur sometimes. If by chance it does go into “Completed”  status you can either reach out to seller to request a refund or file a dispute to request a refund. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@yimolkiin 

No. As long as the first transaction is pending and doesn’t go into “Completed” status, it will eventually expire on it’s own and drop off as if it didn’t happen. This could take up to 30 days to occur sometimes. If by chance it does go into “Completed”  status you can either reach out to seller to request a refund or file a dispute to request a refund. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.