how to activate monthly donation option (says premier account required)

AJSMOM
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I have a personal paypal account and want to create a recurring monthly donation payment option for my User Group members to donate a small amount every month to cover basic expenses. I searched far and wide but can't find workable answer. Error message when trying to run the script says Premier account required for this feature. Previous replies to this same query said that "personal and premier merged." But that's apparently not true, at least not for me. The problem is I can't possibly create a business account because I don't have a business/EIN to fill in on the signup form. So what can I do to activate the recurring donation option on my PERSONAL account. If it's no longer an option to be found at paypal.com is it possible that tech support could 'grandfather' me in for this option since I could have apparently done so earlier if I had known about it earlier? TIA for any assistance.

paypal3.jpg

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AJSMOM

Paypal only offer 2 paypal accounts now.

1. Personal.

2. Business.

You would need a business account to use that option in my opinion.

But best to check with customer services.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent OR press '0' OR just say the word 'Agent' repeatedly.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Differences between Personal Accounts and Business Accounts, here's what I found:

You can create item buttons with a Personal account however, there are limitations:
* You cannot save the button code to the PayPal servers or your account.
* You cannot create an email URL text link.
* You cannot create shipping methods or tax tables.
* You cannot track inventory or profit and loss.
* You cannot customize the checkout screens or display a logo and you don't have the option of any advanced features.
* You cannot create an active recurring or subscription item button.

* Personal Accounts will display both your name and email address to buyers.

A Business account has all of those features and more.

With a Business Account, buyers will see your business name and business email address - they would only see your name if it was the same as the business name.

And as someone mentioned - Premier Accounts have been discontinued.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.