having problems with a refund

joana39
Contributor
Contributor

hi..i made a purchase from maribeaux nurseries and never got the item so they refunded my money to paypal where i had paid for it..its quite a while now since then and i never received my refund in either my paypal balance or in my debit card where the money is taken out of...i write to paypal and all i get is a message that it automated to everyone..they say i have a message in the message center but i go there and there's no message..it says there's a message and in the middle of the page is an envelope but nothing happens when i click on it..can someone help me with this..the price in mention is $34.90...

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

joana39
Contributor
Contributor

hello again, i just want to say thank you to all who helped me with this...since its only a few days since i got that email from paypal, i'll wait a while and if i don't receive it at all, i'll write to you again..at one time, when a payment was refunded, it went right into your acct. i guess that's changed..

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@joana39 

Did the refund show in your paypal transaction history, did you get a paypal email to say a refund had been issued?

How long since you got the email?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

joana39
Contributor
Contributor

hi, no the refund has not shown in my paypal acct or my debit card acct...yes, i got an email from paypal on the 7th of october that the refund went thru and was in my paypal acct but it isn't..

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@joana39 

If you funded the original payment to the seller from your bank account or a card then once marked refunded it will automatically go back to that bank account or card. Paypal say allow 30 days although its normally much quicker than that, country dependent.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

joana39
Contributor
Contributor

hello again, i just want to say thank you to all who helped me with this...since its only a few days since i got that email from paypal, i'll wait a while and if i don't receive it at all, i'll write to you again..at one time, when a payment was refunded, it went right into your acct. i guess that's changed..

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.