fees related to accepting credit card payments

Renzae
Contributor
Contributor

I have what I thought was a personal PP account, but it turns out it's actually a PP biz account (not sure what I did, but tis a classic case of 'user error').

I understand there is no fee for holding either a personal or biz paypal account.  However, I just wanted to check what happens if payment is made to me via credit card.

For example I have just posted items on ebay and strangely can see I'm able to accept credit cards...this must be due to my paypal biz account. If someone pays for an item via this credit card linked service, will I incur any additional costs on this transaction?

All answers gratefully received.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Renzae 

You can sell using a personal or business account and receive all paypal payments however they are funded. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Renzae
Contributor
Contributor

thanks @kernowlass - so presumably the seller doesn't incur extra fees if a buyer makes a paypal payment via credit card?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Renzae 

Nope, fees are listed in paypals user agreement for your country and are standard however the buyer funds that payment, you won't even know how the buyer funds their payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.