fake tickets

nemosz
Contributor
Contributor

Dears,

I need help in 2 things.

1. bought 2 tickets for the Hungarian Sziget festival in Budapest - via a macbook group created to sell and buy tickets for the festival. The seller has sent me the confirmation mail from the festival official page with the tickets. I transfer the money to him via paypal. Yesterday (the day of the festival starts) the guy blocked me on fb, by that I already thought something is not OK. When we wanted to enter the festival the tickets were not working, the crew said the tickets were bought with a fake or stolen credit card and we are not the first ones with the issue from the same seller. We got the report from them, with what we can go to the police, though as the seller is not Hungarian they don't think there is much to do.

Is there anything what can be done, not only to get back the money but to stop the fraud with this guy?

I opened a case via resolution centre and this is the second question where I need some help.

Tried to follow help instruction, what sais after selecting the transaction and clicked continue select "I didn't recieve an item I purchased or the item I recieved was significantly not as described" what is clear but there is  no possibility to choose an option as there was only option to report unauthorised activity, what could be the problem?

thanks for the help, have a great day!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nemosz

SOUNDS AS IF YOU PAID VIA THE FRIENDS / FAMILY OPTION????

IF SO THEN READ THIS............

A friends / family (or gift payment) is intended as a transfer of funds from family or friends to one another. For this reason, there is no processing fee when payment is made with bank or PayPal balance.
However as it is a “gift” payment, there is also no Buyer protection as no goods or services should have been exchanged.

If he was not a close mate or family member you should never use that option as it enables the seller to evade his paypal fees and negates your buyer protection at the same time. That is also why you would be unable to open a dispute apart from an unauthorised transaction (if your account was hacked and used without your consent).

You also risk having your account limited for using this option when you are purchasing goods as its against Paypal rules. Smiley Sad

Your only hope is if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will help you but unfortunately again as it was a 'gift' of money they may decline as well.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nemosz

SOUNDS AS IF YOU PAID VIA THE FRIENDS / FAMILY OPTION????

IF SO THEN READ THIS............

A friends / family (or gift payment) is intended as a transfer of funds from family or friends to one another. For this reason, there is no processing fee when payment is made with bank or PayPal balance.
However as it is a “gift” payment, there is also no Buyer protection as no goods or services should have been exchanged.

If he was not a close mate or family member you should never use that option as it enables the seller to evade his paypal fees and negates your buyer protection at the same time. That is also why you would be unable to open a dispute apart from an unauthorised transaction (if your account was hacked and used without your consent).

You also risk having your account limited for using this option when you are purchasing goods as its against Paypal rules. Smiley Sad

Your only hope is if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will help you but unfortunately again as it was a 'gift' of money they may decline as well.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.