echeck not cleared despite payment out of the account

abbt
Contributor
Contributor

Hello - My buyer mentioned that the amount was deducted from the bank very next day. It is now 11 business days and the amount has still not credited by Paypal to me (the seller).

Is the buyer lying?

Scenario 1 - Buyer sends an echeck but does not have money in the account. How long will it take for payment to be cancelled and notify the seller?

Scenario 2 - Paypal makes a hold on the amount in the buyers bank but the money is short in the account. What is Paypal's process, will they cancel and notify me? in how many days?

Scenario 3 - Money was deducted from the buyer's account. How long will it take for money to come to my paypal? for 11 days it hasn't.

so what do you all think is the probable scenario? Paypal has no idea when I called them, they said If it is showing pending, then money has not cleared..then why isn't the payment cancelled and me notified. 

Why isn't there a transparency in where the payment is stuck?

thanks for helping me out with your responses.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @abbt,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum. 

In general, eChecks clear within 7 working days. This timeframe may be delayed depending on the buyer's bank. Even if the buyer was charged immediately, this does not mean that the charge was effective at that time. On the contrary, the funds could have been sent to us from the buyer's bank at a later stage. In case the funds have not been cleared for another reason such as due to a hold placed by PayPal, you would be able to see in it in either your Resolution Centre or your Summary page. If this is the case, you should be able to find there the instructions to follow to remove the hold. 

I hope this helps. 

Martina 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.