ebay refunds for purchase made using paypal account which is now closed.

Shifali
New Community Member

Dear Members,

Need your help please. I made a purchase using my paypal account on ebay and later I closed by my paypal account. Now I have requested a refund which ebay will be processing to my original (Closed) paypal account. How can I get my refund routed to my new paypal account.

Please suggest.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Shifali 

Issued refunds go back to the original funding source.

- Bank payments, 3-5 or 5-7 days, depending on your bank. 

- Cards, about a week, up to 30 days depending on your issuing card. 

- PayPal balance, fairly instant. 

- Split payments between PayPal balance and card/bank, see above.

If the funds end up in your PayPal balance, contact PayPal and they'll probably cut you a check.

For customer assistance with this, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US and select the PAYPAL GUEST option since the account is closed. Do not be logged on to any account when accessing the guest option as PayPal won’t discuss an account through another account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

PayPal_April

Hello @Shifali

The refund information provided is correct. I just wanted to add that if eBay isn't processing the refund from the seller but they are the ones who will be issuing the refund, this is typically done by sending payment to the email address associated with the eBay account. You would want to make sure the email address that matches the eBay account is added and confirmed on the new PayPal account. 

-April 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.