eCheck cancel?

LopezJayLo98
Contributor
Contributor
I accidentally sent $600 to someone on Saturday, it is now Sunday. It is going through as an eCheck. The status says *Pending* and *Money Sent* but the money has not been withdrawn from my bank account yet. I need to cancel this eCheck by Monday without the money leaving my bank account because I have rent to pay by Monday. My question is threefold: 1: At which points can I stop an eCheck? (While pending before withdrawal, after withdrawn from bank, after delivered to recipient, or not at all?) 2: In what circumstances would the cancel payment option not be available? 3: If I move my money out of the bank account will the eCheck be cancelled or will it cause an overdraft/NSF? (I have overdraft protection up to $300) 4: Is my only option to issue a Stop Payment with my bank? What would happen to the transaction if I did so?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Teslafan101
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

cant answer all your questions-

but if you make a stop payment on that check,fee applies but no NSF.

Stop payment is good for 3 months?

Paypal could in the future not want to deal with this bank account,it could delink it or ask you to add another bank account.

if you do nothing,it could clear on Monday ,if NSF,then fee applies.

Good luck  

Login to Me Too

Teslafan101
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

if there is no way to cancel the echeck in your Paypal account,then it will probably clear on Monday ,if you don have enough in your bank account and you said you have overdraft protection of $300,then you should leave 300 in the account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.