eCheck Scam?

expellimarmus
New Community Member

I’m trying to sell my concert ticket to someone for $207 but they kept having trouble with sending the money. Apparently they’re sending via PayPal eCheck and I received an email for <Removed> with a title “eCheck is on the way!” And a photo attached saying it may take up to 3-5 business days and that it will only process once the buyer confirms that I’ve sent the item. Then more information is listed on the photo like the amount and supposed transaction ID as well as the buyer name. I don’t know if this adds to anything but the photo was low quality too, like a bit pixelated. I just need confirmation of it’s legitimacy.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @expellimarmus,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I can confirm that the email you have received is not from us. If a buyer is sending you a payment by e-cheque we would ask you not to send the item until the payment has cleared. With other payment types we would ask you to send the item before the payment is made available but you will see the money in your PayPal account in your pending balance. 

You will find more information on spotting a fake email here https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-to-spot-fake,-fraudulent,-spoof,-or-phishing-emails-... . 

I hope this helps. 

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.