eBay buyer's payment went to old PayPal email address

Andrewd
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, hope you can help with this. On eBay I sold a watch for 60.00 and the buyer paid 60.00 yesterday 8/27. But eBay shows the buyer has not paid yet. But there is wording underneath the eBay listing stating "Payment sent on Aug 27 via PayPal". The buyer sent me a screenshot of his purchase and it read "You paid, but the seller still needs to ship your item." When I logged onto PayPal the 60.00 was not there. I looked over my PayPal settings on eBay and my old email address was listed. I do not use that anymore and it used to be my PayPal email address. Now on PayPal I use my current address. Looks like the 60.00 went to my old PayPal email address. I can no longer access my old email.  Is the 60.00 gone forever? Anyway I could access the 60.00?

Thanks!

Jane

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Callie

Hi @Andrewd

I am glad you reached out about this as this can happen to anyone. When you sell on eBay, the listings can hold old email addresses that you once used. To receive money sent to that email, you would need to add and confirm it to your account. Our customer support teams can assist you with your available options. I would recommend reaching out to our Customer Service support through either Facebook or Twitter. If you don't have a Facebook or Twitter account, you can always go to the bottom of any PayPal page and click "Help" or "Contact." 

- Callie 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.