eBay PayPal account linking

MattRod23
Contributor
Contributor
To whom it may concern, I sold an item on eBay and by mistake I had it linked to my old email account on PayPal which I can no longer access even though it is technically the same account as I have currently just a new email address. Anyway I had my old PayPal email on the eBay side of it when I sold it and now the buyer is saying her payment went through on PayPal, and I’m not showing it in my account so now we are both stuck in limbo and I can’t tell if she is trying to scam or if she is actually seeing the payment go through on her bank account. There is no way for me to tell on my old email address because it was linked to the same PayPal account I’m currently using it’s just a new email address that I have. Can someone please help me with this ASAP also if someone does not claim the money through PayPal would it go through saying processed on her bank side which is what she is saying is happening? Thanks, Matt
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MattRod23 

Go to ebay and click on 'sell' put in anything (as you aren't going to actually list anything) until you get to the main page > scroll down near the bottom and where it says payment methods check the email address that is on that page, is there a spelling mistake or old one?

If its the old email address then if you still own it then 'add' it to your paypal account as you can have up to 8 on the 1 paypal account and after verifying it then the funds should show?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.