credit listed as payment option but can use to pay!!

Duffyisleba
Contributor
Contributor
All of a sudden PayPal will not give me the option to use my credit card as payment to send money. When I go to my bank and cards it’s right there listed. There’s nothing wrong with the card I use it everywhere else. Is there anyway to get this resolved?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Duffyisleba 

PayPal usually lists the payment methods that costs you the least money to send money with. Particularly personal payments. There are is a fee to send personal payments with credit card as well as cash advance fees charged by your card too. Is there a "More" link to show more payment methods?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Duffyisleba
Contributor
Contributor
It’s been letting me make Payments with it for weeks now with no problem or any other fee. Now it’s not even an option. There’s no “More” button to choose from all it says is to add a payment option and to link a card. When I try and link the card right then, afterwards it just reverts me Right back to the add a payment option screen without saying error or anything really
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Brooke

Hi @Duffyisleba

I am sorry to hear that you are having troubles completing a payment with your card. With the information that you have provided, it sounds like you are running in to our security model, and it is blocking you from this transaction. Our internal security system is always reviewing all the actions on your PayPal account to ensure high account security. As a part of it, we may block or limit some of the actions. In this case, I would suggest attempting the transaction 48 hours after the last attempt. This is not something that we can guarantee will go through though, so there is a possibility that our system may block it again. If so, I would recommend giving our customer service a call so they can review this with you further, and hopefully find a solution.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, 

Brooke

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.