change amount of automatic payment

PhilipGaines
New Community Member

How do I change the amount of a monthly automatic payment?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PhilipGaines

You'll need to cancel that subscription/recurring payment via Account Settings > Payment > Manage Automatic Payments > Merchant > Cancel

Then resubscribe with different amount at merchant website. You can also check with the merchant to see if they can change it from their end or through your online account with merchant first.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Chris353
New Community Member
I spent a lot of time following various instructions on different phones and computers. There is no way to change the amount of monthly recurring payments through paypal that I could find. Finally, I went to the merchant's website and set up the new payments through them. Their site made the changes to PayPal once you authorize it. I then signed out of paypal waited a few minutes and signed back in. I went to the automatic payments section and found there were now two separate payments set up for the same business. I simply found the one I wanted to change and cancelled it. This might not work for everyone, but I hope it will save some from a headache. Good luck.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.