cannot figure out paypal - help!

elizabethohme
New Community Member

I have recently opened a Paypal account to sell items on Depop. Whenever I complete a transaction on Depop, Paypal takes a small amount of money which is fine. It shows up in my activity as -(amount), and I always assume it is taken directly from my balance since I keep all my Depop money in the account. Same thing for when I occasionally purchase things online using my Paypal. The problem is, every Paypal payment also shows up as -(amount) in my checking account. It really seems to me that I am being double-charged for every Paypal transaction, though I am sure that is not the case. I would really prefer all my Paypal transactions to stay within Paypal so that I can be sure of this, but when I go to select my preferred payment method in settings, the only two options that show are my bank account and the associated debit card. Can anyone explain what is going on, or let me know if there is a way to make it so Paypal doesn't money from my bank account as long as I have enough Paypal balance to cover the charge? 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.