cancel

gayec
New Community Member

Decided against a purchase day after I ordered. In the cancel payment section, it says to click cancel. That option doesn't exist on my summary page. it says completed, and I thought it wouldn't show that until shipment. anyone know how to cancel when it says completed? Also have two duplicate charges showing up identical to March charges, which were legitimate, same amounts, but no vendor shows. And one came out of my checking account instead of a credit card. I have contacted pay pay to try and find out what happened. Anyone else ever have this happen? How to resolve? Can't dispute as I dont know who it was! GRRRR

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Drew

Hi @gayec

Thanks for joining our community! I'd be happy to go over these issues and your best way to proceed. 

When it comes to canceling a payment, if the payment shows as completed, it would be too late. At this point, we would ask you to reach out to the merchant to request to cancel the transaction. Canceling a transaction works in very small scenarios because as soon as you review the payment and complete the order, the money is off. 

For duplicate transactions, we do have an option to open a billing dispute. Here is how: https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/how-do-i-report-a-billing-issue-faq3421/1. If there is not much information, you can always reach out to our phone support team so they can point you in the right direction. 

Thanks, 

- Drew

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.