can't transfer money out of paypal to my bank account

lettice23
Contributor
Contributor

I'm can't transfer money from my paypal account to my bank, which I've been doing for years. I get paid into my Paypal account. I click on 'confirm my identity' and it says, thank you, your account is now back to normal. But it's not! When I click the transfer button, it stays on the summary page, and I don't get the transfer option.

I downloaded the android app on my phone. However, I can't see a transfer function at all. I don't have that option. Can anyone suggest anything, either to confirm my identity successfully, or to use the app. Is there a transfer button on the app? 

thanks everyone

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lettice23 

Yes there is and others that have had the same problem in your country have successfully withdrawn using the app.

To withdraw money to your bank account using your PayPal app:

1. Tap your PayPal balance.
  2. Tap Withdraw Money.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lettice23 

Yes there is and others that have had the same problem in your country have successfully withdrawn using the app.

To withdraw money to your bank account using your PayPal app:

1. Tap your PayPal balance.
  2. Tap Withdraw Money.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

lettice23
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for that, it worked perfectly. Have a great day!

Login to Me Too

GodricOitlaw
This didn’t work. I don’t have the transfer option at all. My PayPal account was working fine then all of a sudden I have to verify my information again. I have packages I need to ship and all my payments are pending! I’m not getting a response from PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Feralflower
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem, got one transfer done after 3 days trying now doing same thing, tried everything including using another comp,browsers. cannot access my money nor get anyone to help. Contacted Paypal through FB no help at all! This is a fault on their end and it's not getting fixed. Cannot get ANY help!

Login to Me Too

MHMSV

ME TOO!  Pending Transfer I've been trying for 5 days to transfer money out of my PayPal account TO MY BANK ACCOUNT. 6 transfers and PayPal after making the transfer has reversed the transfer taking the money out of my bank account and putting it back into my PayPal account. This is completely unacceptable and I've reported this activiny to PayPal Customer Service 5 times over 5 days - no action yet from PayPal, and you can't talk to them and they won't return either phone messages or text messages. This appears to be fraud keeping people's money for the interest.

Login to Me Too

dledmisten
New Community Member

At least I feel better knowing that I am not alone. And I can't get anyone through Paypal to help me.

Login to Me Too

Matthew116
New Community Member

I have been having a similar issue. For the past few weeks I didn't have a balance option that came up on the app and then suddenly today it appeared (not sure why) However when I use the app it says "You don't have any balance in USD - If you want to transfer a different currency, go to the website and see all of your currency conversion choices." This is true - my currency is AUD and I need to transfer it out of my account either into a Australian account or a US account (I have both).

So I tried going to the website like it asked. Only to find more issues. The number on file is an old US phone number which I no longer have access to. I don't have a US number anymore and it won't let me link my Australian number to verify my account. I was able to verify using the app however once I got through to the transfer page I got an error. It said to try back another time. So I did three times on different days - same result. Very frustrated at this point.

Few questions: Can I link my Australian or New Zealand number to verify my account? Does paypal have an email address to speak with a rep?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.