can I stop a pay after delivery payment being made on the day it will be refunded from seller

Percy1
Contributor
Contributor

Can I stop an after delivery payment request from Paypal to my bank being made on the day it will be refunded from seller?

When this has happened before my refund is held by Paypal until my payment has cleared my bank.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Percy1 

Bank payments can't be stopped. Even if it was non-Pay After Delivery purchase but a standard bank payment, you'd still have to wait until payment clears before the funds are redirected back to you on refunds. PayPal already fronted the money to the seller so I guess when the seller cancels and refunds, PayPal gets their fronted money back while you wait for the bank payment to go through the motions and redirected back to you once it clears.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Percy1 

Bank payments can't be stopped. Even if it was non-Pay After Delivery purchase but a standard bank payment, you'd still have to wait until payment clears before the funds are redirected back to you on refunds. PayPal already fronted the money to the seller so I guess when the seller cancels and refunds, PayPal gets their fronted money back while you wait for the bank payment to go through the motions and redirected back to you once it clears.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Percy1
Contributor
Contributor

Many thanks for your answer I thought that would be the case, it's just a lot of money.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.