buying visa gift card at Walmart

chriscary
Contributor
Contributor
I read elsewhere that you can buy visa gift cards at Walmart with the PayPal phone app? Is that true? How does it work (I've never bought anything in a store with the app)?
Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hi chriscary,

That is a great question. You can use a PayPal Debit card at Walmart to purchase gift cards. If you do not already have a PayPal Debit Card, here is how you can apply.

You can also purchase gift cards on www.Walmart.com and use PayPal to pay. The option to pay in the store is not available at Walmart.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

-Misty

Login to Me Too

Elane0928
New Community Member
We have the pay pal credit and were trying to buy among other things Walmart gift cards and visa gift cards online but it said our payment did not go through and to contact the merchant. Could it be because of the visa gift cards? I was able to use the pay pal credit on toys r us website without any problems.
Login to Me Too

Lnorton
New Community Member
If I purchase a Walmart or visa gc through the Walmart website, can I pay with the gc in person using the app? Or is it only available online?
Login to Me Too

Korenlove95
New Community Member
When I tried to purchase a gift card online on walmart it didn't go through but I was able to purchase other thing on my credit
Login to Me Too

Heathere269
New Community Member
If I buy a walmart gift card online threw pay pal can I pick it up at walmart
Login to Me Too

Genji3
New Community Member

Yes, you CAN buy gift cards on www.walmart.com with PayPal, as well as anything else they have in stock. Yippee! I just did it myself, so I know it works. I bought a Visa gift card for my son in college so he could use it anywhere.

Login to Me Too

Jenm1980
New Community Member
Can you explain to me how you did this? Can I pick up in store same day doing this?
Login to Me Too

RB_
New Community Member

Be aware that purchases of gift cards or gift certificates are not protected...  I am the victim of the fine print...

I purchased 2 gift cards from Wal Mart online, and used PayPal because it was convenient.  I received confirmation from PayPal that payment was made, but never heard anything from Wal Mart.  I called Wal Mart to inquire, and they said without an order number they could not track the order.  They attempted to locate it by my email address, but could not find any record.  Apparently the transaction ID and Invoice ID from the Paypal transaction, are useless.

Wal Mart said to go to Paypal and dispute the charges, and they would be refunded.  PayPal said to work with the seller to request a refund.   My first ever issue with PayPal....

Ineligible items and transactions under PayPal’s Purchase Protection program:

• Stored value items such as gift cards and pre-paid cards.
Login to Me Too

Hobot
Contributor
Contributor
I just bought a Visa prepaid credit card from Walmart online using PayPal credit. You can definitely do it.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.