buyer has paid? but I have received nothing.

meadb6
Contributor
Contributor

My buyer has a 0% rating but everyone has to start somewhere so accepted his offer but have not received the payment in my paypal account. He has supplied me screen shots of his payment. What now? We are only talking £30 so not the end of the world if I never get it. Paypal site suggests he used a wrong email but how? i know its correct my end as I have had no problems with any other recent transactions and how could he anyway its all automatic.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@meadb6 

It would help if you said if it was an ebay transaction or not?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

meadb6
Contributor
Contributor

sorry new to this place and should have said it was an ebay sale.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@meadb6 

Try this first........

Go to ebay and click on 'sell' put in anything (as you aren't going to actually list anything) until you get to the main page > scroll down near the bottom and where it says payment methods check the email address that is on that page, is there a spelling mistake or old one?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

meadb6
Contributor
Contributor

For some unknown reason paypal had used my old email. I have now added my old email back onto my account. I had made two sales over the last three weeks which had been no problem whatsoever so why this has happened now is clearly not my fault. As the paypal site is so impossible to use and to speak to an actual human being totally impossible I feel very aggrieved and feel I have no way of getting my money! The buyer has been very responsive and I no doubts about his honesty and will send the item to him as non of this is his fault. At this moment in time I feel that I will never sell on ebay again and on buy but nothing of high value as I don't trust paypal anymore and if there is ever any mistake in the future I will not lose out by more than a few pounds. I would like to type this and send it to paypal but after several hours I can find nowhere to communicate with them.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@meadb6 

Paypal used your wrong email address or was it on your Ebay auction as per my post above which you didn't acknowledge or answer?

If so then there are things you can do but if not interested in anymore help here you go.................

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
Freephone from a UK landline or UK mobile number.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

meadb6
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks kernowlass for your help. I went back into my account and entered my old email address and nothing happened but then I thought that if I was to check my old email emails something might be there. Luckily it has not been removed yet so I did and lo and behold a message had arrived that I was NOT told would be sent! I verified my old email and my money was paid into my account. I will now leave ebay for buying only and would warn users here that paypal has the most awkward site to navigate around and it is only now after your help that I have located an actual telephone number! Oh and I do not do facebook or any other of these awful sites! my opinion of course.

Login to Me Too

meadb6
Contributor
Contributor

I should add that my now email was on my ebay site selling page so it must have been paypal that used my old email. I had replaced it about a year ago so there is no excuse for them, crap programming I suspect! 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@meadb6 

Your new email address may have been on ebays site but NOT on your auction when you listed the item, which is why i keep going on about checking that auction.

It must have been that way for you to have been able to add the email address and recover the funds.

So next time IF you list an item for sale check the email address during the listing process in the payment section where you enter the email address to make sure its correct.

Just because you update it on ebays site does not mean it updates automatically when you list an item for sale as you are supposed to enter the correct email address.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.