bought from a Chinese scam, charged a same amount in 2-3 times without authorized

nang2020
New Community Member

hi, i bought 4 pairs of shoes for around 120 USD on 11/16/2020. It looked like a Nike website in the beginning, but it was a Chinese website when i paid them. However, they charged only 99.85 USD right away in the first time without any confirmation message. Then they charged another 99.85 USD in the second time without any confirmation message or my authorization. In 11/18/2020, they charged the third time of 99.85 in pending of my credit card account. So, there were 3 times of 99.85 USD. i opened an unauthorized case on revolution center, but paypal reacted "Thank you for reporting this case.  After reviewing your case, we found that this transaction was not unauthorized and hence couldn't be covered under PayPal Purchase Protection.  We've noted the account changes you reported with this case." So what should i do? Should i contact my credit card company to report scam?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

diver64
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem but only one charge and Paypal reacted the same way. Pretty useless

Login to Me Too

MalMeow
Contributor
Contributor

<removed>REPORT THIS FRAUDULENT ACTIVITY IMMEDIATELY!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.