beneficial owners - wont allow me to input the information

bchanger00
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal.com is asking me for beneficial owner info

after I input the name and it takes me to "What kind of business do you have?" i press continue and it takes me back to input name

i input name and push continue and it takes me back to "What kind of business do you have?" and it goes back and forth back and forth

i cant get past these 2 screens to fill out the information so i can accept payments

anyone else having this problem?

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey @bchanger00,

That definitely sounds frustrating. 😞 I would advise clearing your cache and cookies and ensuring your browser is up-to-date. You can also try using a different browser or device. I hope this helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

ThreeTwelve
Contributor
Contributor

Clearing cache and cookies did not work. I'm stuck in the same loop as the OP.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michael

Hello, @bchanger00 and @ThreeTwelve. I'm sorry to hear there has been/continues to be a problem completing the requested steps.

Please try one more time to clear the cookies and temporary internet files from your computer, but this time please do that via Windows Control Panels including Java, Internet Options and Flash Player (if applicable). Please then shut down your system and re-start everything (including your computer, modem and WiFi router, if applicable).

Doing a 'deep clean' like this often helps in this situation. Please then check the Resolution Center when you're logged on to see if there are any steps or directions on what to do next.

I hope this is helpful. If you continue to run into problems, please contact Customer Service via phone (log on to your account, click Contact at the bottom of the page and then click Call Us), or via Facebook (send a Private Message through https://www.facebook.com/paypal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal).

Thanks for your patience during this time.

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

DTS50
New Community Member

This did not work.  You have a bug in your system.  It needs fixing now or people will not be able to provide their Beneficial owner information.  I have tried this on multiple different browsers all with the same effect.  Rebooting doesn't work either.

Please address.

Login to Me Too

sy8
Contributor
Contributor

Call to customer service didn't do anything. They can't take those info on the call, they can't resolve the limitation. She said technician will send email, but nothing came in 5 days while my customers keep trying to pay money and I'm loosing my money every day because paypal web site is broken.

What I'm doing is looking for good payment provider and close paypal account.

Login to Me Too

mehulpatel595

Having the sample problem. My deadline is December 1st, and it is eerily close to that deadline right now. PayPal needs to fix this. 

Login to Me Too

Stan32

I've tried everything to get around this loop/bug, including using alternate computers.  The experience of the others listed here was helpful in that I guess my only option is to switch to another provider.  Fortunately for our organization, the deadline isn't until mid January and that should be enough time to switch out.   Thanks Message Board folks for saving me the time and frustration of trying all the things you already tried!

Stan Taylor

CEO- Mailisita Foundation

Login to Me Too

arthurhw
New Community Member

We are also attempting to deal with this problem but are also stuck on the "What kind of business?" question. However, we called the support line who were able to help us with a manual workaround. You should call them.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.