balance on paypay.

bornagainhard
Contributor
Contributor

I received a refund on an item i bought. I want to buy another. how do i buy an item without my card getting charged and make sure its charged through my balance on paypal

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bornagainhard 

Issued refunds go back to original payment method so if you paid with card the refund will go back on the card. However if you have funds in your PayPal balance and it is not a PayPal Cash or PayPal Cash Plus balance account (Can I hold and use a balance with PayPal?), your card will be used.

If you have already have a PayPal Cash balance account and carry a PayPal balance, you can select PayPal Balance during checkout and review the payment before you finalize payment.

Or go to Wallet page, click PayPal Balance, then click "Set as Preferred" on the right.

Or Account Settings (wheel icon) > Payments > Online Purchases to set your preferred funding source

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bornagainhard 

Issued refunds go back to original payment method so if you paid with card the refund will go back on the card. However if you have funds in your PayPal balance and it is not a PayPal Cash or PayPal Cash Plus balance account (Can I hold and use a balance with PayPal?), your card will be used.

If you have already have a PayPal Cash balance account and carry a PayPal balance, you can select PayPal Balance during checkout and review the payment before you finalize payment.

Or go to Wallet page, click PayPal Balance, then click "Set as Preferred" on the right.

Or Account Settings (wheel icon) > Payments > Online Purchases to set your preferred funding source

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.