authentication error when trying to link sandbox account to developer account

aOrl
New Community Member

I'm REALLY hoping for some help!!

We have a new site for which our Dev's need API credentials.

I created a brand bew PayPall account for this site, and used that brand new account to log into developer.paypal.com

When trying to create an app, I cannot proceed because I do not have a sandbox account linked to my dev account.

The instructions there say that I link the Sandbox account to the developer account by logging in with PayPal, and says something about providing my sandbox credentials.
Wording is vague.

"provide sandbox credentials" ???

Is this the process through which I'm to generate/provide credentials for the sandbox account to use, or am I supposed to log-in using some API credentials which already existing somewhere in my account ???

Anyhow, I follow the provided link to log in with PayPal, and I first tried with the credentials for my (newly created) PayPall account.

It fails auth.

I tried many times, and confirmed the verified the credentials, and re-confirmed and re-verified.

So I thought that maybe I need to try some sandbox credentials, but....

The instructions I found for getting my sandox credentials lead me back to the process I'm trying to complete in the first place (Create An App), which I cannot complete because my sandbox account is not linked to my dev account.

....just a big ol' catch-22!!!

HELP!!!!!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

conte
Contributor
Contributor

I experienced the same thing today. But i think what you are looking for is API credentials for a developer account. Try login to the dashboard at developer.paypal.com with your new paypal account, navigate to Sandbox - Accounts. There shoud be a buyer and facilitator account, if not create those as personal and business account. Click on the business account and click on Profile - there is a tap API with the login credetiols - obvious! 😉

I hope that helps.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.