adding accounts in other countries

eterino123
Contributor
Contributor

I am very close to leaving paypal because there is virtually no communication.    That is not my question.

I do ecommerce to the US, Canada, UK and EU.   Money has been coming into my $USD paypal account from these countries and appears to be segregated into these different currencies.   I have a UK bank account and so do I just add the UK banking info?   Someone told me I would need to open a separate UK  Paypal account.   

Some assistance on this would be great. 

Thanks.  

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@eterino123 

Yes, open a UK PayPal account to link UK bank account. Cannot link UK bank to PayPal CA account. Then from now on, accept your payments with your UK PayPal account to withdraw to UK bank to save you the trouble of frequently PayPal-ing from PayPal CA account to PayPal UK account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

eterino123
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Sharpiemaker.   

Apparently Paypal needs a different email associated with accounts in different countries.....

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@eterino123 wrote:

Thanks Sharpiemaker.   

Apparently Paypal needs a different email associated with accounts in different countries.....

Yes because email addresses are what identifies PayPal accounts so they have to be unique and be associated with one PayPal account at a time.

Login to Me Too

eterino123
Contributor
Contributor

Now I see they are expecting a UK address.    Good grief!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@eterino123 

@sharpiemarker 

Paypal is country specific so you have to open a paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You can't open a paypal account from another country unless you live in that country at some point during the year.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

eterino123
Contributor
Contributor

I have a UK bank account but can't use it with paypal....

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@eterino123 

So you have an actual UK bank account opened in the UK or local GBP denominated bank account? Two different things.

Login to Me Too

eterino123
Contributor
Contributor

It's an actual UK bank account located in London.   

Login to Me Too

eterino123
Contributor
Contributor

I also have a US bank account located in the US and was able to add it to paypal.   We are in Canada.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.