adding accounts in other countries

eterino123
Contributor
Contributor

I am very close to leaving paypal because there is virtually no communication.    That is not my question.

I do ecommerce to the US, Canada, UK and EU.   Money has been coming into my $USD paypal account from these countries and appears to be segregated into these different currencies.   I have a UK bank account and so do I just add the UK banking info?   Someone told me I would need to open a separate UK  Paypal account.   

Some assistance on this would be great. 

Thanks.  

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@eterino123 wrote:

I also have a US bank account located in the US and was able to add it to paypal.   We are in Canada.

US bank accounts can be added in non-US PayPal accounts. But every other bank account has to match country of PayPal account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@eterino123 

But the account isn’t associated with UK based billing/mailing address, phone number, etc? If so, then in that case, its not possible. : (

(I guess people can open a UK bank account from anywhere these days.)

Login to Me Too

eterino123
Contributor
Contributor

We are opening an Amazon UK store with product on the ground in the UK.  We have our VAT set up and so not too difficult to get banking.   I am able to add the uk banking to the Amazon UK account but paypal doesn't allow the same.  The problem is that they are forcing you to convert from GBP at their conversion rates.   

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@eterino123 wrote:

We are opening an Amazon UK store with product on the ground in the UK.  We have our VAT set up and so not too difficult to get banking.   I am able to add the uk banking to the Amazon UK account but paypal doesn't allow the same.  The problem is that they are forcing you to convert from GBP at their conversion rates.   

Yes therefore you would need an agent, employee with base of operations (business address, business phone & email address) or presence in the UK to open UK PayPal.

Login to Me Too

bhaidacher
Contributor
Contributor

Similar problem.  This is a Global Economy now!  It would be advisable for Paypal to upgrade to the 21st century. MySpace is Paypal's future if they do not keep up with the pace of a Global Economy soon to become a digital currency economy.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.