account closed?

EndofDays
Contributor
Contributor

I recently changed bank and therefore all associated cards were cancelled.

At the same time I changed country so had to close my paypal account and open one in the uk with the same email address.

Now: I had made a purchase last year using a combination of paypal balance and band debit.

I have just received a refund (pending for the next few days)  but will the money come to my new paypal and bank accounts?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@EndofDays

It will go back to the old bank account and debit card on file. If the accounts are still with the same bank, contact your bank to make sure the refund gets moved over to the new accounts.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@EndofDays

It will go back to the old bank account and debit card on file. If the accounts are still with the same bank, contact your bank to make sure the refund gets moved over to the new accounts.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

EndofDays
Contributor
Contributor

This is what I would hope for @sharpiemaker but what about the paypal part of the refund? I now have a new account as paypal won't let someone hold 2 accounts so the old one was closed and a new one opened

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.