You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform

DST2018
Contributor
Contributor

I thought i'd help someone out by answering their question about how **bleep**ing hard it is to accept and send money to and from Costa Rica but this **bleep** of a website wont allow it. 

You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

Click your browser's Back button to continue.

How about a CSR we can actually speak with. This site is BS!
Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

Carpenter49
Contributor
Contributor

Me too.  All I'm trying to do is advise them that a dispute I made, and which PP denied, is being refunded by the vendor but PP has a fraud block on my account for that named Vendor.  I.e., that vendor cannot touch my account.  What privileges do I need to get the refund from the vendor applied to PP??  Sheeesh.

Login to Me Too

fyiman

I believe this happens when the post/thread/topic you are answering/replying to is old/outdated/archived.

This just happened to me when I clicked "Reply" (which was an active/clickable button) on a post that was marked as "Archived".

While it may be arguable that anything should be "Archived", It makes sense that if something is marked as "Archived" that you can't reply to it, unless, if they provide an active Reply button/link, as in the case I described.

I can't be sure this is the reason for the error message in these 2 cases, but I'll try it on some other older posts.

Login to Me Too

wb_awesome
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to post my problem by clicking on the ask community button and got the same message. Are the new members not allowed to post their problems to seek help from more experienced community members? 

Login to Me Too

indianguitar

i had a problem of no trasaction in my account . I wanted to post in the community and this is the message they are giving.  

Login to Me Too

indianguitar

where are the answers? 

Login to Me Too

ImranZairo
New Community Member

Sameee!!! I have issue with sending money, message centre doesn't work as it only shows things from help centre, Reddit didn't help, even the first time I searched it here, still no help, so I decided I will make my own post here, but no, I can't. So, how do I get help if I can't post my problem? I am like 7-8 years old Paypal user, but I only now entered this section of the site, so what privileges do I need?!

Login to Me Too

DST2018
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal and ebay both suck donkeydong now and the whole "lets give out stupid badges" to make us idiots feel better? Really? Really idiots!

Login to Me Too

Lucky13Sandwich
Contributor
Contributor

I'm sorry if my post is slightly unrealted, but I am having real problems with the 'ask the community' portal.

I receive this message:

"Access Denied - You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

Click your browser's Back button to cont".

First of all, how do I get rights to be able to post here? What am I doing wrong?

Secondly, my question is to do with accepting auto accept payments from overseas (Unconfirmed Address). Under payment preferences, block payments, I have set "Allow payments sent to me in a currency I do not hold" to "Yes, accept and convert them to Thai Baht. Additional charges apply". I have also set "Block accidental payments" to "Yes, block multiple payments per invoice ID".

We have had a payment come in from a customer who ordered from our online restaurant, and then they cancelled/voided the payment. How do I set this up so any payments that come in are automatically accepted?

Thank you so much in advance,

Danny

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.