Yodlee payment verification issues

Ericivins
Contributor
Contributor

I’m trying to send a few payments. PayPal has felt the need to verify these payments through yodlee, but can’t connect to the account information. User name and password are correct. I can send payments via my debit card with no issues, and my bank account is verified by PayPal. I’ve tried using a private window, and clearing everything.

Login to Me Too
35 REPLIES 35

Nandar1
Contributor
Contributor

@jamesbtex wrote:

I've got the same problem. I had been using Fidelity cash account as a means of paying for things thru PayPal and I have been using it flawlessly for almost a year. Then one payment bounced due to lack of funds which 12 hours later was in my account, a second attempt was made and payment was competed.

However since that moment on I'm getting that same stupid message about needing to login to my UMB account.

Here is the problem. The actual cash account is with Fidelity. UMB is only a bank they use as a middle man to transfer the money.

I don't actually have a UMB account because of the way Fidelity has it set up. Yet this stupid Yodlee is asking me for a login and password for the UMB bank!! As I mentioned they are only a middle man that handles the transfer, I don't actually have an account with them, therefore I'm stuck. I can't use me Fidelity cash account anymore because of this.

I called Fidelity, they say everything is good on their end, no issues preventing payment. I called UMB, they said it's not them causing it and they verified I don't have an account with them, that they only provide the money transfer service with Fidelity. Both UMB and Fidelity tells me to call PayPal, it's there responsibility.

So I'm on the phone with PayPal for 1.5 hours and they are clueless, first they never even heard of Yodlee. They finally they said they was going to connect me with the PayPal backend technical support, I said OK and click, that was the end of that phone call.

If Paypal is going to use Yodlee to check that banks are valid then PayPal needs to train there support people to handle issues like this!

Yodlee needs to get their act together and understand the banking structure that I had been using for almost a year with no issues!!

Yodlee, that is NO account, therefore NO login username and password, so why are you even asking for one??????

Very Frustrated,

James

@jamesbtex wrote:

I've got the same problem. I had been using Fidelity cash account as a means of paying for things thru PayPal and I have been using it flawlessly for almost a year. Then one payment bounced due to lack of funds which 12 hours later was in my account, a second attempt was made and payment was competed.

However since that moment on I'm getting that same stupid message about needing to login to my UMB account.

Here is the problem. The actual cash account is with Fidelity. UMB is only a bank they use as a middle man to transfer the money.

I don't actually have a UMB account because of the way Fidelity has it set up. Yet this stupid Yodlee is asking me for a login and password for the UMB bank!! As I mentioned they are only a middle man that handles the transfer, I don't actually have an account with them, therefore I'm stuck. I can't use me Fidelity cash account anymore because of this.

I called Fidelity, they say everything is good on their end, no issues preventing payment. I called UMB, they said it's not them causing it and they verified I don't have an account with them, that they only provide the money transfer service with Fidelity. Both UMB and Fidelity tells me to call PayPal, it's there responsibility.

So I'm on the phone with PayPal for 1.5 hours and they are clueless, first they never even heard of Yodlee. They finally they said they was going to connect me with the PayPal backend technical support, I said OK and click, that was the end of that phone call.

If Paypal is going to use Yodlee to check that banks are valid then PayPal needs to train there support people to handle issues like this!

Yodlee needs to get their act together and understand the banking structure that I had been using for almost a year with no issues!!

Yodlee, that is NO account, therefore NO login username and password, so why are you even asking for one??????

Very Frustrated,

James

Login to Me Too

djc2002us

Did you ever get your link to your Fidelity accounts fixed? Its a year later and I am having the same issues.

Login to Me Too

Nojokeve

Here we are in 2021 and this is STILL an issue.  I ended up contacting Yodlee.  Hang on a second, let me explain better.

I have a new bank account I wanted to add.  My old bank decided they wanted to cease operations.  Yay me.  New bank wants to take TWO WEEKS to send the new debit card.  IF I had the debit card, I could just link PayPal to the bank's debit card and transfer whatever I need to.  Since I do not, the only way to pay my outstanding invoice is to send with the bank account only.  Making the payment with the ACH option takes 2 - 3 days and my invoice needs to be paid TODAY so the only other means is to give PayPal direct access to my business bank account via my log in credentials.  As long as I can make my payment today? Fine!  Here ya go.  

The problem lies with YODLEE, not PayPal (unless you look at why they can't get the technology to log in themselves instead of using a problematic 3rd party... but I digress).  If you just Google "Yodlee can not verify my log in information" you will see just how many other companies use Yodlee and even THEY have this exact same issue.  That brings me to contacting Yodlee.

I did contact a division of Yodlee via phone (Envestnet Yodlee - [Removed. Phone #s not permitted]open 24 hours Address:  <removed>) and spoke with a lady via phone who told me to contact PayPal and have them submit an SR form so that they can speak with me directly to fix the issue.  They have a policy to NOT speak with the end user.  WHAT?!  You are trying to get MY log in information for PayPal not the other way around!  Anyway, after that unsuccessful call, that's when I went back to the website and saw the chat box had popped up.

I contacted Yodlee via Instant message on this website:  https://www.yodlee.com/company/contact-us   

If you leave the page open for a bit, eventually the instant message feature will ping and it will be a person who is asking if they can assist you.  This is what I sent to them:

• I am trying to connect my bank account through PAYPAL and your systems are saying my information is incorrect 4:32 PM
  • I have contacted paypal and they told me to contact your company 4:32 PMThe information I am entering is not incorrect as I have verified it side by side They then responded with this:
  • Can you please give me your name, phone, number, and email.

I sent them the information and the person said they will forward it to their customer service department.  Not sure how long it will be before someone contacts me back, nor what resolution they may or may not have, but I will definitely post their correspondence here for all of us to get some help!

Login to Me Too

bills44
New Community Member

I had the same issue as so many others posted with Yodlee verification.  I called PayPal customer service.  The rep had never heard of Yodlee, but was very helpful.  She looked into my account; found at one point I had gone negative in my PayPal account and that triggered the Yodlee verification.  She opened a ticket for PayPal to investigate the issue.  She suggested I use a debit card to make the payments and I complained about the fee.  She said she couldn't waive the fee upfront, but would stay on the line with me while I made two payments and would immediately credit my account for the fees.  I made the payments, she credited my account, then I transferred that amount back to my bank account.  Easy peasy; she was the best!

Login to Me Too

whutajoke
New Community Member

2023 and this same thing is happening and support reps are still just as clueless.

What a useless company

Login to Me Too

the_neppster

Same problem here.
I called Xoom ( paypal subsidiary ) and they told me to try another device and payment account etc.
I did, and we still have the same impassable barrier with Yodlee.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.