Wrong amount paid out

GinWri66
Contributor
Contributor

About a month ago I did a transaction but forgot to update my bank information so the transaction didn't go through PayPal so I paid the vendor with a check.  This last week PayPal decided to add the balance that 'would have been paid' to one vendor and put on a different vendor, essentially paying them MORE than what they should have been paid.  Has anyone else experienced this from PayPal??  It wasn't a large amount of money, but what they did was not right and now I can't figure out who to talk to at PayPal about it.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GinWri66

Well if the transaction didn't go through as you didn't have enough funds in your bank account then paypal will try again a few days later and if still fails they put your account into negative until you pay them back again, if you don't pay them back then when you 'authorise' a payment to another vendor they will add on the amount you owe which you should see before you click to pay that amount.

Go and check the transaction in your paypal account as normally paypal credit the seller and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to pay them back again so your seller may have been paid twice.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

GinWri66
Contributor
Contributor

Actually no it didn't help because PayPal paid the wrong vendor.  I had an old bank account attached to this account.  Didn't get any opportunity to change it before it all went through because I didn't realize any old information was still on the account - My gripe is that I couldn't change anything and more money was paid to the wrong vendor.  Live and learn - PayPal should have asked me who that money went to AND if I had paid the previous vendor with different funds, which is what I had done.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.