Wrong Credit Card

Fizzban
Contributor
Contributor

I have made a few purchases recently.  They seem to be going on to my wife's card.  The transactions are not shown, and that card is not listed as a payment method.  I have been on HOLD with PayPal for an HOUR!!!!  HOW....do I talk to a real person???

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fizzban

Try private messaging PayPal on social media

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal 

The only way I can see that happening is somehow the checkout system at the merchant site which also has PayPal integrated has your wife's card saved as payment method in online account with the merchant and you mistakenly used her card to pay since the card is not listed in your PayPal account.

For example, that can happen on eBay as you can pay strictly with a saved credit card independently of PayPal checkout and the transaction would not be listed on your PayPal account activity but on the credit card and the card may not be linked to a PayPal account. The checkout would be so seamless that you might not have noticed it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fizzban

Try private messaging PayPal on social media

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal 

The only way I can see that happening is somehow the checkout system at the merchant site which also has PayPal integrated has your wife's card saved as payment method in online account with the merchant and you mistakenly used her card to pay since the card is not listed in your PayPal account.

For example, that can happen on eBay as you can pay strictly with a saved credit card independently of PayPal checkout and the transaction would not be listed on your PayPal account activity but on the credit card and the card may not be linked to a PayPal account. The checkout would be so seamless that you might not have noticed it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.