Written link to donation button page

GWHSPTSA
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

We have a PayPal button on our donation website that takes folks to PayPal to donate. Works great.

We'd like to write a link in a letter we mail out (physically/snail mail) to parents asking for donations.

We created a shortened Bit/ly link but it results in this error: "Your session is invalid or expired."

Does the full length URL from a button click change? Is it dynamic and thus causing the shortened link to not work?

Is there a Permalink feature we can use to lead donors to the PayPal transaction page?

Thanks,

Moe

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GWHSPTSA wrote:

Hi,

We have a PayPal button on our donation website that takes folks to PayPal to donate. Works great.

We'd like to write a link in a letter we mail out (physically/snail mail) to parents asking for donations.

We created a shortened Bit/ly link but it results in this error: "Your session is invalid or expired."

Does the full length URL from a button click change? Is it dynamic and thus causing the shortened link to not work?

Is there a Permalink feature we can use to lead donors to the PayPal transaction page?

Thanks,

Moe

Why don't you just bit.ly the url to your donation page instead of the email link of the button. I'm not sure how the cookies and sessions work but this way should eliminate the issue.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.