Woocommerce integration

geore
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

We have already 700 members on our website with recurring payments with the plugin PMPro Paid Membership, and are moving everything to Woocommerce Membership. The problem is how we can merge the members PAypal tokens or data, from the old website to the new one. Is it possible? I read that Paypal doesn't allow you. 

Thank you

J

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Is PMPro using actual PayPal Recurring Profiles, where PayPal's system handles processing all of the payments?

Or is it using reference transactions, where the PMPro system triggers the processing of payments via a saved token in WordPress?

If it's all based on reference transactions and a locally saved token then you could migrate that between the plugins. It would involve moving all of the saved tokens and making sure the new system has matching profiles with the token migrated accordingly.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

geore
Contributor
Contributor

we are using Paypal Express, and the url is something like this: 

https://www.paypal.com/webscr?cmd=_express-checkout&useraction=commit&token=EC-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx#/checkout/login

Looks like there are IDs from wordpress for each Paypal Express transaction, bu I dont know how to see the tokens, neither from Paypal. Attach Images.

Screenshot 2019-08-27 at 15.51.36.png

Screenshot 2019-08-27 at 15.52.10.png

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

It's a little bit hard to tell by looking at the screenshots.  Seems it could be either.  

Does that plugin provide API request/response logs for the calls it's making to PayPal?  If we can get a look at the logs we can know for sure.

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Or maybe just reach out to that plugin developer and ask...if it's not outlined in their documentation somewhere..??

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.