Withdrew money to expired credit card by mistake

MilanSava
Contributor
Contributor
Hey! So I recently sold an item online, and got the payment sent to my PayPal. However, I was tired and I accidentally withdrew the money to my old EXPIRED bank account (that I forgot to delete...). What now? Thanks to COVID-19 the support center is closed so I can not ask anyone directly... EDIT: also, before anyone mentions resolution center: I tried it, but I get an error saying “Somethint went wrong on our end. Please try again.”
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Elloisa
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @MilanSava 

Thank you for reaching us through community center. I hope you are doing just fine.

Congratulations on your sale! 

Here's some information I'd like to share if you still need assistance on your query.

When you withdrew money from PayPal to your bank account, it usually takes 1 business day for funds to be available on your bank account. If the transfer is successful but the bank account does not exist any longer, I suggest that you contact your originating bank to check if there is a pending deposit from PayPal to your old bank account. If your deposit is found, the bank may have an ability to transfer money to your new bank account, issue a check or return to PayPal.

Response back to us if you need further help.

Take care.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.