Whys my refund been stuck on" pending" since 8th November?

SWIFTY24
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,any way to actually chat to a REAl person on the phone  ( customer services) ive a problem ,ive got a refund "pending" and its been like that for 5 days now,its ridicoulus.Ive phoned  customer services  three times now and all i get is an automated menu to go through and i only end up on my account page shwoing that ive got a refund "pending" I already know ive a refund "pending ,thats why i phoned!!!! Im trying to find out WHY its "poending" and its still stuck on "pending" but,it doesnt tell youIve mailed paypal too and thats a waste of time,thats just an automated response which again was a waste of time.Can any one please help.Its driving me crazy,i feel like im stuck in paypal customerservice purgatory!!!!!  thanks    IM IN THE UK

Tags (0)

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SWIFTY24

Can take 5-7 working days for refunds to complete.

Pending refunds can only happen for two reasons.

1. The seller has issued a refund from their bank account which takes time to process.

2. You funded the payment to the seller using bank transfer. What PayPal do here is credit the recipient on your behalf (so there is no delay in despatching your item). Then if you receive a refund in the meantime they are unable to issue this until the original bank transfer completes.

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/i-want-a-refund.-how-do-refunds-work-faq3248
https://www.paypal.com/gb/selfhelp/article/i-paid-by-instant-bank-transfer,-so-why-is-my-refund-on-h...

The reason it takes a while is this....

When you PAY someone from your bank account it is never instant > Paypal CREDIT them the funds and Paypal take the 5-7 days wait for the funds to transfer to Paypal to pay them back.

BUT when a seller refunds a buyer then paypal don't CREDIT the refund in advance. The buyer takes the wait this time for the funds to transfer from the sellers bank account to Paypal > then they are credited the refund. OR if you were refunded soon after paying then as paypal credited the seller in advance paypal then wait for YOUR funds to transfer from your bank account to paypal and then they are credited back to you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.